The Al-Jazeera correspondent reported that at least 4 people were killed and 9 injured in the bombing of a bus carrying professors and government university employees in the center of the Afghan capital ( Kabul).
The correspondent added that so far no party has claimed responsibility for the accident. However, the Afghan Interior Ministry held the Taliban responsible for the attack.
On the other hand, the Afghan Ministry of Defense has taken over the new Kabul complex, which is a major military base for US forces in the center of the capital.
During a base handover ceremony, Aman said the Supreme Commander of US and NATO forces, General Scott Miller, underlined the international community’s continued support for Afghan forces.
Following US President Joe Biden’s decision to withdraw all US forces from Afghanistan ahead of the anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, the withdrawal activities that began in the last week of April were are continued.
The US Central Forces Command (CENTCOM) announced that the withdrawal process from Afghanistan has reached between 16 and 25%, while military officials said the operation is expected to be completed in mid-July to September 11th.
Central Command said – in a statement – that since Biden’s decision, the United States has removed around 160 shipments of C-17s from Afghanistan and 10,000 pieces of equipment have been delivered to the defense logistics for destruction.
The statement said the United States had handed over 5 military installations in Afghanistan to the Afghan National Army.
Afghanistan has suffered from war since 2001, when an international military coalition led by Washington overthrew the Taliban regime, claiming it was linked at the time to al-Qaeda, which endorsed the terrorist attacks. September 11 of the same year in the United States.