At some point in our lives, we all find ourselves feeling tired, bored, sluggish, or just plain depressed. With the Covid-19 pandemic, the multiplicity of wars, the spread of injustice, and the bullying of the strong over the weak, we may be more likely to fall into this chaos and corruption of mood.
You may feel negative and pointless, as if the movement of life passes over you, and that you do the same things over and over again. This could be true, especially if you are now working from home due to the pandemic. Read also Feel sleepy while watching the screen? For these reasons, avoid sleeping in front of the TV To prevent obesity, do not eat at night before bed or in front of the television What do you know about sleep debt? Signs that you are hurting yourself daily Singing, coffee, and sleep … your way to keep your mind healthy
Writing for Science Of People , writer and author Vanessa Van Edwards says there is certainly a scientific reason behind your changing moods; So if we understand our moods, we can figure out how to fix it.
The writer stated, “You are not crazy, if you feel that your mood is out of control, you are not alone. What you are going through in a bad mood is a normal thing that the whole world goes through. It is true that you may feel that your emotions flow into your brain and body; but when it is dealt with … With it a certain way it can be controlled. “
She explained that “bad” moods are not bad, they may not be pleasant; But we can understand a lot more about the science of happiness from our unhappiness. And if you want to see a rainbow, you have to bear the rain.
For its part, Specialist provides behavioral therapy, Amy Brodsky, some tips to remove yourself from the case of bad mood, through her article published on the website “Health” ( Health ).
Know what your problem is
Sometimes, our periods of distress or recession can be reactions to something that has happened to us. Maybe you feel lonely in quarantine, or upset about missing out on your promotion at work. Maybe you feel that all of your friends are getting married and you are still single; But other times, you may not find any specific reason for your frustration and confusion.
When you can’t determine why you’re feeling this way, Brodsky says, try talking to someone close to you; Oftentimes, a friend who knows you well can give you a better view of what is really happening to you.
Compassion for yourself
All too often, we are hard on ourselves when we feel sad or depressed; But if a friend comes to us who is going through something similar, we will show him kindness and understanding. Assuring him that everything will be fine, we will remind him that he is a good person, and that this will not last forever. So go ahead and show yourself the same kindness and kindness.
Sit with yourself
Getting rid of distress begins with you yourself, of course there are ways and people that can help you; But, in the end, one of the first things to do is to look carefully at your feelings. And understand what you need.
Take the time to feel sad, frustrated, or just plain strange. Doing so does not mean that you are weak; Rather, it means that you are a human being and acknowledge what you are going through and not ignore it.
Get out of distress
There are some key pillars, which Brodsky recommends, when you are through this situation, which we describe below.
- Communication makes us feel good . We are social creatures. We need a certain degree of interaction with others to feel well. Whether it’s a phone call to a friend, meeting your parents at the weekend, or just waving to your neighbour, connecting with others helps us feel good and accepted.
- Move your body, it is important for our mental and physical health that we move our bodies; But that doesn’t mean you have to put yourself into the most intense and intense exercise. Movement of any kind is helpful especially when you are going through this condition.
- Eat healthy food , our mood is linked to what we eat in our stomachs; So it is important to eat healthy foods and monitor our sugar intake, especially when we are going through tough times.
- Focus on good sleep, sleep is not a luxury; But it is a necessity. Lack of sleep also negatively affects our health, and this effect may progress from low spirits and feelings of negativity to forgetfulness and weight gain. Lack of sleep is dangerous and should be considered a priority, especially when you do not feel completely yourself.
- Reducing exposure to social media and news, we are under constant bombardment of news 24/7, in addition to continuous access to social media. This has increased particularly during the coronavirus outbreak. Brodsky recommends limiting exposure to these media to no more than twice a day, for 15 to 30 minutes each time.
- Take a break and contemplate your present , Brodsky says that stopping your thoughts and trying to contemplate the present is like a little vacation for your mind. Often times we feel depressed about what happened in the past, and anxious about the future. Focusing only on the present can become the calmer thing for our tired minds.
- Come up with something , some people don’t speak much; So when they are frustrated it is difficult to communicate with them. If you are one of them, focus on building or creating something instead.
- Journal , draw, or learn something new. Creating something helps our minds feel productive.
- Clean up and rearrange your room, rearranging your space can be the change or jolt that you need to get you out of distress.
When do you feel anxious?
If you are in this distress phase; But you are still enjoying the moments of joy, you are well. But the dangerous sign is when you are unable to determine happiness or the good times in your life. It will be worrying if you feel that things will never get better, or if nothing improves your mood, and it may be appropriate to seek professional advice.