Playing with water is a fun activity that is not only fun and active; It is also an ideal solution to calm young children, who have a nervous temperament, and can also act as a therapy for them by enabling them to play happily for a long time without any worries.
In a report published by the “Baby Gaga” website American , author Karen Samuels said that water play has many forms, whether it is by the pool, on the beach, bathtub or tubs, and your child can play alone or with friends outdoors or in Inside. Read also Calm Corner.. Your way to control your child’s tantrums without violence So that your child does not become a victim of educational differences .. 6 ways to harmonize between parents الأب Nightmares spoil your child’s sleep.. How to avoid her pain? How do you tame your child’s selective appetite for food?
Playing with water is not just a fun activity; Rather, it helps form memories and promotes the development of infants and young children. Playing with water is an educational activity that provides valuable and enriching experiences for a child in early childhood; Which helps him to develop the queen of imagination and creativity. When your child does a certain activity over and over again, he masters new skills and strengthens the neural pathways. You may not even believe what children can achieve through play.
- Playing with bottles in water helps children understand concepts such as ‘full’ and ’empty’.
- Watching things float or sink enhance their problem-solving skills as they begin to understand why and how things happen.
- Things like removing the cap to drain the water and turning the tap on and off will help the child understand cause and effect.
- Detecting temperatures, such as cold or warmth, or observing the evaporation or absorption of water is part of the discovery of early scientific concepts.
- Discovering the movement, flow, and scattering of water is part of physics.
- Packages of different shapes and sizes help develop concepts about volume, measure, and spaces filled and empty.
- You can also help your child identify small, tall, short, large and bulky objects.
Exploring frequently helps children learn basic math and science, which helps them better understand these concepts later after they enter school.
Your baby’s sense of touch plays an important role in how he perceives his surroundings. Because children learn by using their senses, which is the way they adopt to assimilate certain concepts, knowing that water activates the senses.
By playing together in the water, children have the opportunity to have a diverse and safe experience of learning about:
- Temperatures: cold, moderate and warm.
- Textures: dry, wet and slippery.
- Sounds: quiet, relaxed, rough and playful.
- Odors and tastes: Depends on the location, whether in the backyard, bathtub, beach, pool, etc.
Social and emotional growth
Playing in the water helps release energy; This makes it comfortable and energizing for young children, as it increases their ability to focus attention on one activity when done at a repetitive pace.
According to the “Kids Club Childcare” website, playing with water gently enables your young child to relax and put his thoughts in order, and also promotes role-playing and important social skills, including the values of sharing and cooperation, and children master working with one or more children in rotation. And share things and space with others.
The writer mentioned that children play side by side, and cooperate together once they develop a relationship with those around them, and simple activities such as filling a bucket with cups together, following what another child is doing or joining what the rest of the children do is an ideal play group or an appropriate home activity, and although it may looks simple; However, they are critical steps that help improve a child’s developing friendships.