The Palestinian factions warned the occupation against procrastination and slowness in breaking the siege on Gaza, not adhering to previously agreed-upon measures, or impeding reconstruction, stressing that the resistance will not remain silent over what is happening.
During a meeting in Gaza, the Palestinian factions accused the Special Coordinator for the Middle East Peace Process, Tor Queensland, of what it described as identifying with Israeli policies during his visit to Gaza. Read also What does the decision of the occupation government not to object to the ruling of the Supreme Court regarding the displacement of the residents of Sheikh Jarrah neighborhood mean? Icon of Sheikh Jarrah in Jerusalem..Israeli occupation releases activist Mona Al-Kurd Haaretz: Israel is disavowing its responsibilities towards the residents of Sheikh Jarrah, and this is a dangerous matter Sheikh Jarrah.. the battle continues
Al-Jazeera correspondent in Gaza, Wael Al-Dahdouh, said that it is clear that the Palestinian factions agreed to give mediators a chance on the basis that the resistance is ready for all options.
The meeting comes after a meeting held on Monday between the Special Coordinator for the Middle East Peace Process, Tor Wencesland, and the head of the Hamas political bureau in the Gaza Strip, Yahya Sinwar, to discuss efforts to stabilize the ceasefire and ease the siege on Gaza.
A member of the Political Bureau of the Democratic Front, Talal Abu Zarifa, told Anadolu Agency that the meeting of the factions is discussing ways and means to respond to the occupation in light of its aggression against the city of Jerusalem and the continuation of the siege on the Strip.
Abu Zarifa pointed out that the occupation wants to link the file of the reconstruction of Gaza and the opening of the crossings to the file of Israeli soldiers captured by the resistance, and this “we do not accept. Soldiers are in exchange for Palestinian prisoners.”
Earlier, Sinwar said, after a meeting with Wencesland, that the meeting was bad, and was not positive at all.
He added that Israel is still continuing its hostile policies against the people and prisoners, and there are no signs that the humanitarian crisis in the Gaza Strip has been resolved, and that it is blackmailing the resistance in the matter of relieving Gaza.
Two assaults by Sheikh Jarrah
On the level of developments in Jerusalem, the occupation forces stormed the Sheikh Jarrah neighborhood in Jerusalem, and began to expel those in solidarity with the Palestinian families, while the United Nations expressed its deep concern about the developments in the Sheikh Jarrah neighborhood.
The storming of the Jerusalem neighborhood by the occupation forces came after an escalation witnessed in the area after the storming of Betsel Smotrich and Orit Struck, two members of the Israeli Knesset for the extremist religious Zionism party, along with a group of other settlers, Sheikh Jarrah neighborhood in Jerusalem, under strict security protection.
Eyewitnesses said that the storming attempt led to fistfights between residents and groups of Israeli settlers who accompanied Smotitz, and that the occupation police provided protection to the settlers during the storming.
Palestinian national bodies and institutions have called for intensifying attendance at Sheikh Jarrah neighborhood, following the increase in settler attacks on homes threatened with eviction in the past few days.
And the occupation forces prevented a delegation accompanying the Arab member of the Israeli Knesset, Sami Abu Shehadeh, from entering the Sheikh Jarrah neighborhood in occupied Jerusalem.
Abu Shehadeh had come from Jaffa to support Palestinian families in the Sheikh Jarrah neighborhood, refusing to enter the neighborhood without his accompanying delegation, in implementation of Israeli police orders.
Yesterday, the Sheikh Jarrah neighborhood witnessed attacks by settlers and police against Palestinian citizens.
Yesterday evening, 20 Palestinians were injured during the occupation forces’ assault on families in the Sheikh Jarrah neighborhood, which is threatened with eviction, after residents tried to repel settlers’ attacks on homes in the neighborhood.
Al-Jazeera correspondent said that settlers attacked Palestinian homes in the neighborhood with stones and tried to burn one of them, under the protection of the occupation forces, who fired rubber-coated metal bullets, sound bombs and tear gas at the residents, and arrested two young men during the confrontations.
The renewed aggression of the occupation forces and settlers against the residents of the Sheikh Jarrah neighborhood in occupied Jerusalem sparked a state of anger and denunciation through the Palestinian platforms, amid calls for the continuation of the campaign of support and support for the residents of the neighborhood who are threatened with displacement.
Activists called for the necessity of retweeting the hashtag #Save_Sheikh_Jarrah, to convey the suffering of the residents of the neighborhood to the whole world, and to document the Israeli violations of the rights of the people there, describing what is happening with the crime.
Stephane Dujarric, a spokesman for the Secretary-General of the United Nations, said that the international organization is following developments in the Sheikh Jarrah neighborhood of occupied Jerusalem, and that it is deeply concerned about the violence there. Dujarric emphasized that political and community leaders must stand up to violence and incitement.
For his part, Democratic Representative Mark Bacon said that Sheikh Jarrah neighborhood witnessed another night of violence by Israeli settlers against the Palestinian residents of the neighborhood.
In a tweet, Bacon wondered how many Palestinians would have to be driven from their homes, attacked or killed before the United States demanded an end to the violence perpetrated by the Israeli police.
Forcing a Jerusalemite family to demolish their home
Today, Tuesday, the Israeli occupation forces forced the family of Palestinian citizen Abdel Rahman Obeid to self-demolish their house in the town of Al-Isawiya in the occupied city of Jerusalem.
Video clips, published by local Palestinian media on social media platforms, documented the moments of the family’s forced demolition of their home, in order to avoid paying the huge demolition costs imposed by the occupation municipality in exchange for the demolition of the house if it took care of that.