With the beginning of the Israeli aggression on Gaza on the evening of May 10, and until its end at dawn on May 21, Abu Ubaida, the official spokesman for the Al-Qassam Brigades, was considered the undisputed star of the confrontation, whether through his accurate military statements or his short and eloquent television appearances, until it became The international and Israeli media, before the local, receive what he says, due to the confidence he has acquired.
Abu Obeida gave Al Jazeera Net a priority in conducting an exclusive dialogue to answer a number of questions that revolve in the minds of many readers and different circles.
- The mention of Abu Ubaidah’s name in the media heralded the occurrence of a major event, especially in terms of achieving a military achievement for the resistance. How did this name become a source of inspiration for the Palestinians, Arabs and their supporters around the world?
There are a number of important factors that have contributed to this, perhaps the most important of which is the focus on credibility in a very large way when we announce the military missions and guerrilla operations in terms of time and place, the extent of direct impact, and the injuries that occurred in the ranks of the occupation forces, as well as the credibility when there are losses and martyrs among them. Resistance, then the clarification is done with all sincerity and responsibility.
Bearing in mind that the media declaration of the Al-Qassam Brigades is part of its military security plan, and therefore each stage of it is based on a field balance on the ground, for example when we announce the bombing of the city of Tel Aviv directly, at the same time the sirens are ringing all over it, and then it is transmitted Various media outlets have reported dozens of missile strikes, in this case our appearance as a military spokesman, or the speech we make is associated with an influential field event.
- Can Abu Ubaidah’s mission be described as part of the psychological warfare strategy of the Al-Qassam Brigades?
With the passage of time, and in every Israeli aggression and confrontation waged by the resistance, the credibility of the media discourse of the Qassam Brigades has become a source of concern to the enemy, and we have seen this, and we know full well that it follows what we say and is affected by every position and message issued by the Qassam during the battle, and this was evident in more From position and watch.
Perhaps the biggest example of this is that when we linked, in one of our important statements, during the aggression, between the repeated targeting of civilian homes in the Gaza Strip, the displacement of their residents and their martyrdom, and the Qassam Brigades’ bombing of Tel Aviv with dozens of rockets, we immediately saw how the occupation was forced to change its aggressive behavior. And it took other forms of bombing and attacks away from targeting civilians in various parts of the Gaza Strip.
There is another example of this, when we issued a warning to the occupation in the last two hours of the aggression, and threatened to launch a very large burst of missiles that might reach unprecedented ranges if the enemy committed any foolishness before the ceasefire came into effect, and we saw how the occupation yielded, He did not carry out any bombing throughout the Gaza Strip throughout the period following the warning we issued and until the time for the ceasefire entered into force, bearing in mind that in the previous rounds and wars it was waging against the Gaza Strip, the occupation, especially in its last time, was used to inflict heavy blows on Palestinian civilians in an effort to lift the deteriorating morale of his fans.
- You may have followed the words of the Israeli military correspondent Gilly Cohen when she announced that the Israeli public trusts the statements of the Qassam spokesman more than the Israeli spokesmen, so that the Israelis are watching the dates you specify in your statements regarding the bombing program, which represented an achievement for the Qassam Brigades.. How do you evaluate that?
We have no doubt that the occupation army’s operations room at its war leadership closely follows up, but rather translates the media speech issued by us on behalf of the Al-Qassam Brigades, immediately, up-to-date, leaving its impact on the occupation leadership and its decisions clearly, and this is considered an advanced and important stage of Stages of psychological and field impact by military media.
In addition, it has become clear to us that the occupation public follows what is issued by us, rather it considers it the true source of information during the war, and does not trust the Israeli media, and this is a strong point for our honest military media in front of the enemy media that is lying.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
- How are the military statements issued in the name of Abu Ubaidah prepared, what are their stages, and are there jihadist tasks that you undertake within the brigades other than issuing military statements?
In some cases, the assessment of the position taken by the Al-Qassam Brigades leadership requires that a period of silence prevail, and not declaring the name of Al-Qassam, with any statement or communication, without this being due to weakness or inability of the resistance forces, but the military experience taught us that silence in some Sometimes it is, he said, part of battle tactics.
It is customary for us, in the office of the military spokesman for the Al-Qassam Brigades, to prepare every position and statement in proportion to the military reality and the combat field on the ground, so every statement, sentence and word are subject to the assessment of an operational, field, political and media position from the various organs and departments of the military wing, and this mechanism is now followed We have it and it is an essential part of our work, which in the end is what earns our work as a military spokesman in the name of Al-Qassam credibility and transparency with all parties.
- What is the assessment of the Al-Qassam Brigades of the size of the popular Palestinian, Arab and Islamic rally behind the resistance, and we noticed this by chanting the names of its leaders everywhere, which requires shedding light on the ability of the brigades in making a symbolic industry for its military leaders, whether Muhammad Al-Deif or Abu Obeida, and before them Yahya Ayyash, and their role in mobilizing public opinion Palestinian and Arab behind her, and repeat their names?
The issue is simply due to the fact that these Palestinian, Arab and Islamic masses, and with them all the free people of the world, are in a state of real thirst for a credible military position and spokesperson, who brings them news of real victories, consistent with their aspirations and hopes for freedom and liberation, especially if we compare the statements and communications we issue. Military sincere and accurate with what those masses lived from the losses and painful past experiences, because they represented in the aggregate what can be called severe “awareness” of the Arab and Islamic nation, which was crowned in the recent shameful waves of normalization with the enemy.
The credibility of the Qassam Brigades, which we have the honor to speak on behalf of, has been demonstrated in many of the stations of the recent aggression on Gaza, whether we called on international airlines to immediately stop their flights to any airport within the geography of occupied Palestine, or threaten the enemy that if he persists in bombing civilian towers, Tel Aviv will be on a date with a harsh missile strike that exceeds what happened in Ashkelon, and the field facts confirmed the sincerity of these threats, and the enemy took them seriously.
- The search for Abu Ubaidah’s name on Google reveals more than 7 million results, and on the YouTube platform there are 50,000 video clips, how Abu Ubaidah explains the extent of his admiration for him in the Arab world, and the torrent of articles and thoughts written against him, and the question is always about his personality that the public knows only for a masked Wearing a military uniform?
Away from the personal aspect, the matter is honestly and faithfully due to the fact that the leadership of the resistance, headed by the Izz al-Din al-Qassam Brigades, was honest and loyal to the entire nation, from one end to the other, by preserving the sanctities and not enabling the occupation to desecrate them. Responsibility when it responded to the occupation’s aggression in the Sheikh Jarrah neighborhood and the Al-Aqsa Mosque, despite the sacrifices resulting from that, but it chose willingly and willingly to respond to the calls of the Jerusalemites while they are subjected to a hideous occupation campaign, and thus the Al-Qassam Brigades carried this concern of Jerusalem, which has become a national, Islamic and humanitarian cause of concern. everybody.
- Many of your accounts on social media, and your channels on messaging applications, were closed, and yet your messages continued to reach the public and the media, how do you explain what some consider a war against you from the communication platforms?
This is a clear bias for the occupation, because at a time when many of our accounts are closed in various languages at close periods of time, these platforms open their platforms to the personalities and institutions of the occupation that are rife with racism, extremism and terrorism, as well as being a flagrant violation of the right that the platforms have committed to in front of the world, and bias It is clear that the occupation is in a conflict in which (these platforms) must remain neutral.
Our message through these platforms is clear-cut, which is freedom and salvation from the hateful racial occupation, and to deliver a message to the world that distinguishes between the victim and the executioner, and we call on the administrations of these platforms to adhere to the principles they declare, foremost among which is to give everyone the ability to create ideas and information, and share them immediately without restrictions.