The summer tourist season comes this year in light of the continuation of the Corona pandemic, at a time when the epidemic continues to be combated through preventive measures and vaccinations to give societies collective immunity to face the repercussions of the virus.
Dr. Mukhtar Fatih Bey Deli, a pediatrician at Medical Park Hospital at Izmir University of Economics in Turkey, provides a set of tips for travelers and tourists during the summer vacation period to avoid contracting the virus. Read also As Corona continues to spread, 5 things to consider when considering vacation travel Tourism and a vaccine at the same time.. the Maldives offers vaccinations in exchange for a long vacation In the plane, the car and the hotel.. the best ways to prevent corona virus while traveling To enjoy a comfortable trip.. Here is the best time to book an appointment to travel by plane
Doctor B Deli began his speech by saying, “With the decline in cases of Corona virus in Turkey and some countries, the tourist movement is returning to its activities at all levels after the long periods of ban and closure.” Here are 10 medical tips given by the doctor:
- 1- Make a list in advance of the items you will need when it comes time to pack your luggage, including medications you may need on your trip, as well as basic safety supplies of masks, towels, wipes, sterilizers, surface disinfecting wipes, and a thermometer.
- 2- Be careful to wear a mask or a medical mask, as this reduces the possibility of infection with viruses, so it should be worn permanently during the travel trip and until reaching the country you are going to. In the event that it is difficult to wear the mask all the time, it is recommended to raise it for a few periods in the absence of crowded places to breathe air, and then wear it again. Wearing a mask reduces the risk of infection (Shutterstock)
- 3- Using disinfectants, soap or alcohol to sterilize hands, which helps reduce the risk of respiratory infections and infectious diseases during travel, especially after touching any surfaces, and hands should be continued as much as possible.
- 4- Avoid touching frequently touched surfaces (door handle, elevator button, table, faucet, banknotes, computer, etc.), as the virus is transmitted through droplets scattered from patients through the mouth, nose and eyes, and these droplets can spread over a distance One meter of the patient’s circumference. Tourists should ensure that personal towels and disposable paper towels are available (Shutterstock).
- 5- Use personal towels and napkins, so that the tourist has special personal towels and paper towels that can be disposed of.
- 6- Social distancing and avoiding close contact with infected people. It is advised to avoid crowded places during travel and in places of residence and shopping, where infectious viruses spread, and to avoid sitting in closed rooms where the possibility of infection increases. Avoid using the toilet on the plane as much as possible (Shutterstock)
- 7- Avoid buffets and cafes. Try to get adequate and healthy nutrition in your places of residence, and it is necessary to drink plenty of fluids, consume fresh fruits and vegetables, and avoid uncooked foods in restaurants and buffets, knowing that the risk of infection with the Corona virus is not high when eating from buffets in tourist places due to the commitment of hotels to having Plenty of space between dining tables. Airplanes are one of the most easy places to transmit infection, so you must continue to wear a face mask (Shutterstock)
- 8- Rest and stay in the hotel when coughing and sneezing. If you are sick or feel tired, exhausted and coughing, rest in the hotel, and wear a mask to protect others. While coughing and sneezing, discard the tissue and wash your hands with soap.
- 9- Airplanes are one of the places where it is easy to transmit infection because people are sitting in a closed place and at very close distances, so the face mask must be continued and not abandoned on the plane. As much as possible stay away from the next person while sitting in the plane (Shutterstock)
- 10- Keeping the face as far as possible from the person next door while sitting on the plane, and avoiding using the toilet as much as possible, as it is preferable to enter the bathroom before boarding the plane, and in case of necessity, hygiene instructions must be used, and not touching the door handle and faucet directly by hand.